For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), which replaces the EU Data Protection Directive of 1995 and the Data Protection Act 1998, SLG Marketing Limited’s Data Protection Policy (“The Policy”) sets out the principles and legal conditions that the Company (“we”, “our”, “us”) will adhere to when obtaining, handling, processing, transporting or storing Personal Data in the course of our operations and activities, including customer, supplier, employee and other third-party data.
The Policy applies to all Personal Data we process regardless of the media on which that data is stored or whether it relates to past or present employees, workers, customers, clients or supplier contacts, website users or any other data subject.
The Policy Outlines:
Why SLG Marketing collects and processes personal data and how we adhere to the principles relating to the processing of Personal Data set out in the GDPR.
How any data collected or provided by you will be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
On what lawful basis we will follow to process your data as set out in the GDPR.
Our commitment to ensuring that Personal Data will be kept accurate and stored only for the period which it is required to complete its purpose.
Our commitment to that Personal Data will be securely stored and protected.
The rights Data Subjects have when it comes to how we handle their Personal Data.
Our accountabilities and responsibilities as a Data Controller.
Our principles for processing Personal Data
As outlined in the GDPR and the Policy we will:
- Process data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner – Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency
- Collect only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes (Purpose Limitation)
- Collect only adequate, relevant and limited data proportionate to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is Processed (Data Minimisation)
- Keep data accurateand, where necessary, update (Accuracy)
- Not keep data in a form which permits identification of Data Subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is Processed (Storage Limitation)
- Process data in a manner that ensures its security using appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful Processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage (Security, Integrity and Confidentiality)
- Not transfer to another country without appropriate safeguards being in place (Transfer Limitation)
- Make data available to Data Subjects and Data Subjects allowed to exercise certain rights in relation to their Personal Data (Data Subject’s Rights and Requests)
- Be responsible for and comply with the data protection principles listed above (Accountability)
What Personal Data do we collect and why do we collect it?
We may collect and process Personal Data about you including information you have:
- Provided by filling in forms on our website
- Provided by filling in forms or handing us your details in any other way
- Communicated through email or other electronic means
- Communicated through certain calls to and from us, if further engagement is required
- Supplied in postal or hardcopy correspondence
- Provided us to allow customer or supplier transactions and business relationships
- Supplied to us to allow non-transactional business activity to be conducted
- Provided to us as part of a job application or student placement application
- Supplied as part of consenting to opt into our marketing communications
- Offered as part of being an employee
We may also collect Personal Data and other information about you in other ways, for example:
- If you are a customer of one of our clients and we are undertaking a business activity that involves you, i.e. we are writing a press release or project story on a scheme you have been involved with
- Indirectly, through one of our employees, your colleagues, a client or third party “see marketing policy for third party policies”
- From publicly available sources, for example Companies House or Trade Media
- From financial parties, for example credit check providers
How we use your Personal Data
The way we process the Personal Data we collect, as set out above, varies depending on our relationship with you. In each case the purpose for which we request the information will be clear from the context in which it is acquired. These may include:
- Processing and fulfilling a business service or transaction
- Keeping a record of the business service, transaction or other related customer service support activity
- Administering customer and supplier records for transactional purposes
- Keeping records of your retainers, instructions, briefs, project, queries, complaints and project details
- Keeping records of face to face appointments or telephone conference meetings and instructions
- Verifying your identity through credit checks
- Verifying your identity through an automated double opt-in process